Change to Study Hall procedure takes effect January 8, 2013.
This is a change to the study hall procedure in the student handbook. Eligibility: Grades 7-12, #4, Page 16)
Questions regarding this procedural change should be directed to Mr. Heath Peters, Principal. 623-2235
STUDY HALL/INTERVENTION PERIOD PROCEDURES
Beginning January 8, 2012
IN AN EFFORT TO STIMULATE POSITIVE ACADEMICS CONSISTENTLY THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR, THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED BY TEACHERS.
- Teachers will sign up students for intervention ONLINE based on need and ELIGIBILITY.
- EVERY DAY at the beginning of 9th Period – ALL STUDY HALL TEACHERS will review the online sign-up form and send affected students to the appropriate teacher with a written pass. This shall occur during the first 3-7 minutes of class. Students will have 3 minutes to arrive at their assigned study hall. If late, the time will be made up after school. Teachers have every right to keep students after school when work is late or missing or in the event that any student does not comply with Study Hall expectations. Failure to comply will result in a disciplinary referral for INSUBORDINATION!
- ASSIGNMENT POLICY STUDENT COMMITMENTS and INTERVENTIONS WILL BE ENFORCED. (Student Handbook page 12&13)
- STUDY HALLS ARE TO FOCUS ON ACADEMICS. NO DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR OR DISTRACTIONS! This is the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTRUCTOR! ALL STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO COMPLY EVERY DAY!
- National Honors Society Students will be assigned to study halls in order to assist (tutor) fellow students who need/want assistance. NHS members should immediately notify study hall teachers if there is a problem or in the event that there is no cooperation from the tutored student.
- Teachers will also sign up students for the COMPUTER LAB online for 9th hour. Once the ONLINE FORM if full, no additional students are to be sent to the computer lab.
- STUDENTS ARE NOT TO LEAVE ANY STUDY HALLS WITHOUT A WRITTEN PASS OR THE TEACHERS INDIVIDUAL PASS!
- In the rare instance that a student was omitted from the online list, but absolutely needs to see a teacher, the study hall teacher shall call the teacher for special permission to write a pass. This shall occur after the first ten minutes of 9th hour. Administration believes that these students can see the instructor before or after school which allows study hall teachers to focus on interventions for those with greater need.
ATTENDANCE NOTICE TO PARENTS:
(Grade 7-12 Student Handbook – Page 29)
Requests to be absent must be accompanied by a phone call to the Principal’s office (623-2235) and a note from the parents specifically stating the reason and length of time the student will be absent. Requests for pre-arranged absences must be made at least TWO days in advance. If students are going to be out of town, their parents or an approved adult must accompany them. The school administration will then decide if the absence is to be excused.
Students checking out of school early and not finishing the school year will have the days missed counted on the 10-day attendance policy. Any course work not completed will be given a zero and counted in the semester grade.
ILLNESS OR UNEXPECTED ABSENCE
If a student is to be absent from school for part or all of the school day due to illness or any unforeseen reason, the student's parent or guardian must call the Principal's office (623-2235) by 9:00 a.m. that day. Any absence that is not verified by a parent phone call will become an unexcused absence after 24 hours.
Junior/Senior High Schedule
|Monday - Thursday||Friday|
|1st Period||8:00 - 8:45||1st Period||8:00 - 8:28|
|2nd Period||8:48 - 9:33||2nd Period||8:30 - 8:58|
|3rd Period||9:36 - 10:21||3rd Period||9:00 - 9:28|
|4th Period||10:24 - 11:09||4th Period||9:30 - 9:58|
|Lunch||5th Period||10:00 - 10:28|
|5th Period||11:52 - 12:37||6th Period||10:30 - 10:58|
|6th Period||12:40 - 1:25||7th Period||11:00 - 11:28|
|7th Period||1:28 - 2:13||8th Period||11:30 - 11:58|
|8th Period||2:16 - 3:01||9th Period||12:00 - 12:30|
|9th Period||3:04 - 3:45||Lunch|
|Early Release||Late Start|
|1st Period||8:00 - 8:32||1st Period||10:00 - 10:33|
|2nd Period||8:32 - 9:04||2nd Period||10:33 - 11:06|
|3rd Period||9:04 - 9:36||Lunch|
|4th Period||9:36 - 10:08||3rd Period||11:51 - 12:24|
|5th Period||10:08 - 10:40||4th Period||12:24 - 12:57|
|6th Period||10:40 - 11:12||5th Period||12:57 - 1:30|
|Lunch||6th Period||1:30 - 2:03|
|7th Period||11:54 - 12:26||7th Period||2:03 - 2:36|
|8th Period||12:26 - 12:58||8th Period||2:36 - 3:09|
|9th Period||12:58 - 1:30||9th Period||3:09 - 3:45|